To Tile or Not To Tile?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Making a new bathroom from a 2.3m square room with solid brick walls. Money is very tight, so plan A is tile just the shower and plaster and paint the rest. Guessing plasterer will charge around £400-500 (ceiling needs tacking too as old artex and looks a but uneven).

But, then I thought, maybe I could tile the whole bathroom. Used a tile shop's calculator and cost of tiles seemed very high for the space, over £1500. Did I measure wrong?

2.5m wall, 2.3m square, one door about 75cm, one high window.

Sponsored Links
All a matter of personal taste, I quite like to tile all walls that any shower/bath makes contact with, e.g. my main bathroom has side wall of bath fully tiled, then full-height tiles above the ends of the bath, reducing to 2/3 height of the wall for the rest e.g. https://i0.wp.com/www.tilemountain....ads/2019/04/Customer-Tyle-Style-Profile-3.jpg

So that's 23 sq m if I understand your message, I'm sure you could get something nice for about £400? The big retailers have plenty of options under £15 per sqm.

Did a similar sized bathroom for £800 which included new ceiling and floor , bathroom suite and tiles , job lot off eBay for £300 including a border tile and basic tiling tools .
Shower panels are reasonable price and useful if you have limited tiling skills .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back