To tile or not

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a small cloakroom that I would like to use to practice floor tiling (I am a novice). Looking at the floor though, I don't know whether tiling would be the best option (I am concerned about adhesion) or whether I should go for laminate instead. If I cleaned thoroughly and covered with a primer, do you think that tiling would be a good option?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
judging by how much has been taken off the bottom of the skirting theres a bulge in the middle of the floor.
just saying.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply @bennymultifinish

Actually, since this post, someone suggested based on other photos that the subfloor may be magnesite, which is unsuitable for tiling. As a matter of fact, it could be that the subfloor should be removed and I am quite concerned about the possibility of it containing asbestos, which is a possibility if it is in fact magnesite. I am trying to gather more information and come up with an action plan.

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/damp-floor.558148/#post-4795074

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back