Adhesive not bonding to tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am laying some kitchen floor tiles and the adhesive is not bonding to the tile. I laid using unibond quick set but after 5 hours the tiles lifts off easily with very little adhesive on it. Could it be the adhesive is too dry or is there something else that I'm not doing. I applied BAL primer on the floor to give more grip.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sorry I should have mentioned they are ceramic tiles on a concrete floor.

dont know why you primed a concrete floor mate, but anyways, what size trowel are you using for your adhesive ?, are you twisting the tiles into the adhesive to bed them, or just laying them onto it?

i aint a big fan of uniBOMB...are all the tiles lifting?
or did you spread to much addy at the one time, and by the time you fixed your tiles they wont have bonded to said addy..i always wipe the back of tiles down to remove any dirt/dust or glue(the glue stops the tiles marking each other in the box)...but again i aint a fan.. what so ever of this said adhesive... ;)

Sponsored Links
I laid using unibond quick set
Oh dear :cry: Having said that, the powder stuff is a whole lot better than the tub mix. :LOL:

Sounds like you may have mixed too dry or didn't work quickly enough once you spread the adhesive; how much did you spread before laying the tiles? As JCT, what size/type of trowel are you using?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back