Toaster not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Changed fuse but still not working. Any reasons?

Attachments

• 17002053277244472696195498159660.jpg
    17002053277244472696195498159660.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 71
Sponsored Links
I don't know if it still applies these days, but originally the wire elements used to be 110v each, connected in series so any failure shut down everything.
Does the thing latch on when the handle is depressed?
John :)

Sponsored Links
I don't know if it still applies these days, but originally the wire elements used to be 110v each, connected in series so any failure shut down everything.
Does the thing latch on when the handle is depressed?
John :)
No, pings back up.

It's also not deep enough to accommodate high pieces of toast and I have to turn them over, but that's a separate issue

Disassemble it and check the continuity of the heating element with a multimeter. You may even see a break in the wire without testing. Theoretically, replacement wires would be available from china. But people will warn you china parts might cause your toaster to catch fire.

Disassemble it and check the continuity of the heating element with a multimeter. You may even see a break in the wire without testing. Theoretically, replacement wires would be available from china. But people will warn you china parts might cause your toaster to catch fire.

Of all of the questionable advice that I have seen you post thus far, this is surely the most dangerous and irresponsible.

Care to tell the OP which which wires to buy?

Additionally, you might need to tell him which £11+ set of triangular screwdrivers to purchase to fix his £10 toaster.

It's also not deep enough to accommodate high pieces of toast and I have to turn them over, but that's a separate issue

That is one of many pet hates. You buy a toaster for convenience and have to pull the handle up halfway through to invert the bread.

Thought it was just me, Warburton's is far too tall for your average toaster - have to turn it over halfway through.

As is typical we went through several crappy toasters over the years, then we bought a 4 slice Dualit toaster when we moved a decade or thereabouts ago, they cost the earth but I figured if they're good enough to be used in cafe's and they offer a long term wholesome spares availability then overall I'll be quids in and have a great toaster to boot!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back