Toaster not working

We have one similar, but the pressed tin arm, to lower the toast down, came adrift and stopped latching. I fixed it by mig welding the arm to the sliding latch.
Cool!

I like how these have a mechanism to look at how the toast is doing without having to "un-latch" it.

Sponsored Links
sadly manufacturers purposefully make things difficult to repair either by not selling spares or the use of undo-able screws and fixings. They want you to buy a new one.

I keep a selection of security bit sets, in my workshop, even then, once I have got a fixing out - I often cut a slot across the head, so a normal screwdriver fits, before replacing.

Sponsored Links
I keep a selection of security bit sets, in my workshop, even then, once I have got a fixing out - I often cut a slot across the head, so a normal screwdriver fits, before replacing.

I recently had to buy a £12 set of triangle screw head screw drivers so that my stepfather could fix my mum's Von Hausen (?) food processor. He fixed it, so they were worth the money.

In the past, when sorting out the cut flex on customers' hedge trimmers, I have discovered that they use standard Torx screws but the deepest screw requires a long "security" torx bit. I now own two long sets of torx bits with the hole in the middle.

If a customer wants to take a device apart, they will. I guess that they (the manufacturers) hope that they are too stupid to do so or that the cost of of the screwdrivers will act as a disincentive.

Most of my professional tools- if the flex fails- you undo two screws, replace the flex. You do not not need to buy esoteric bits.

"Plain breed", I'll buy that if it's reduced to 20p in lidl, half the loaf goes to the chickens though.

It's denser so does fill you up a bit more than other white bread

"Plain or pan, link or lorne?"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back