toilet filling up through siphon point?? Won't stop filling.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hopefully someone can help me.

Toilet won't stop filling after replacing the whole float valve/water inlet part. Replaced as the toilet was refilling really slowly.

The water leaves the siphon point rather than the float valve, so when the float valve is raised, the water continues to flow.

Cab anyone explain what I've done wrong?

Thanks

View media item 81399 View media item 81400

Sponsored Links
Looks like you have it set too high.
That tall spike may need turning clockwise to lower the float.
Jeff

Thanks Jeff, but even if I lift the float valve but hand to the position which should stop water coming out, the water just continues to flow.

I'm not sure if you can see from the photos, but the watering coming out into the plastic siphon sock...

Anyone got any ideas?

It's a torbeck filling valve if that helps?

Sponsored Links
Is it fitted on a low pressure tank fed supply?
If so hold it shut and wait for it to turn off. These valves are equilibrium type and take time to shut down. Do what I told you to do in my last post.
Jeff

I don't know what you mean by "The water leaves the siphon point rather than the float valve"

perhaps you have assembled the valve wrong. Refer to the instructions, unscrew the big nut, and carefully reassemble.

If you unscrew the part that the float connects to there should be a rubber piece. This is what the float pushes to seal and stop the water coming out.

I have fitted a few of these things and they always seem to end up with a bit of grit in that stops the rubber sealing and keeps the water running when new.

Thanks all. By lowering the float and tightening and playing around with the blue nut it seems to have fixed it.

Thank you all for your advice.

Much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back