Toilet flush running on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
If the water is actually running over and down the central tube, then the Torbeck float is adjustable to some degree, but on most models the whole fill valve is telescopic.
If the water level is below the central tube, then its the seal at the bottom that has given up.
John :)

I think the level is above the base of the blue part (just above the white tube it's in) so I'll have a go at working out how to adjust the flush float.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
if its filling up and overflowing down the centre of the siphon then your torbeck valve has failed, you can change the ''gubbings'' easily enough, but inho from experience id change the whole thing, cheap enough to buy a replacement

yeah thanks, I'll probably get one of the fluidmasters I posted a link to, I assume they have the inbuilt overflow too?

Update on this, we've had visitors for a while so not been able to do anything until last night when I isolated the loo water supply. Today the cistern is completely empty and the loo has not been used so I'm guessing it's the syphon that's at fault rather than the flush?

you should be able to twist the syphon to remove it & just leave the bottom part in the cistern (leaving the cistern in postion on the pan) & check the washer at the bottom to see if it's split or has some crap on it

I'm guessing it's the syphon that's at fault rather than the flush?
The syphon IS the flush.

If the cistern was empty yesterday then we've gone from too much water (overflowing) to too little (empty).
Confused!

I think the inlet valve must have been running because the bit in the middle of the cistern (the syphon?) is letting water out, hence once the supply of water was cut off it all drained out.

I'm sure I'll sort it even if I end up replacing both.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back