toilet hook

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,can anyone give me advice on how to get the hook ,which joins the toilet handle to the plunger(?),reunited.Somehow the hook has come out of the plunger and the plunger has dropped inside the mechanism.Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
probably better to fit a whole new syphon, something has probably broken to cause this to happen - hence fit new syphon, they dont cost that much either, and you will probaly have to take syphon out to get it anyway, so may as well fit new one

First time I let one of them drop (they usually go just too down far to grab) I panicked and swored and took the whole thing apart.

Second time, I heated the point of a long screw and forced it into the top end of the plunger rod which I could just see, turning best I could as the plastic melted. Got a bit near the hole the hook goes through...

Third time I used a heated pin. Heat, shove in, wait til it's cool, lift.

The pin is mightier than the swored?

Nice one ChrisR, if you can get your fingers under the base of the 'bell-housing' you may be able to lift the syphon piston up enough to grab the shaft and re-unite hole with wire.

I find the proper links work well and last longer than bits of coat-hanger :oops:

Sponsored Links
thanks for all your advice and tips.I'll have a go with the pin first but is it easy to fit a new unit if all atempts fail ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back