Toilet in garden cabin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
As per many of my posts we're putting a garden cabin\salon in with a toilet. Ideally we don't want a stink pipe running up the outside so I was wondering if anyone can offer some advice on how we can get around this? Ive been to some camp sites which seem to have a contraption which deals with situations like this but I wasn't sure exactly how - any suggestions please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Ha sorry the pipe which comes out of the drain which takes the smell away from the drainage, usually they run up outside past the roof. I guess its because of the gases which are emitted.

Sponsored Links
More than smell, the pipe is there to prevent a vacuum drawing the water out of the toiler bowl trap. You could either fit a neat vacuum breaker at ground level or box in the stack with trellis and grow a clematis up it.

So what drainage will this toilet be connected to?

Did you know that it will need Building Regulation approval?

Tony

Hi,
Thanks I'll look into a vacuum breaker as for where's it going - its going into the fowl currently connected to the house and yes Im aware of building regs we've already had the inspector out once just to do a site visit.

You can run the 'stink pipe'up inside and through the roof. Box it in inside, and put a fake chimney pot on the outside.

Clucking hell, don't plucking hang him out to dry, he's a man with a shed!

My 'man cave' is 100m away, at the end of my garden - too far to rely on gravity soil, so we did 4" to the halfway point which we could get to with natural fall and the rest is dealt with via a macerator which does wc, shower and basin.
No problems in 10yrs apart from my son using novelty "crime scene tape" bog roll down the shyte muncher! :cautious:
With your sit, you could bring the soil inside and create a stub stack which is higher than the highest flood point of the fittings and use a durgo (AAV fitting) to prevent vaccum/trap pulling. This could all be boxed in within the cistern housing if you went for a concealed cistern and btw pan.

image.png
image.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back