Toilet waste - funny size?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Wonder if anyone out there can offer some advice regarding connecting up a toilet pan to the existing waste outlet.

I pulled out the old pan and waste, and bought a flexible pan connector. I managed to get the end into the wall socket using the existing rubber gasket, but only after a decent amount of force and lube was used. The gasket that came with the pan connector (110mm) was just too big diameter wise.

This has left me worrying about something collapsing/cracking in due time because of the incorrect tight fit.

Here are pictures of the old bits, and the new flexible hooked up to the outlet on the wall. The old plastic reduced measures 88mm at the thin end.

Another possible bit of relevant info...with the new pan pushed back in the correct place the flexible hose is almost entirely squared, but for a single rib to angle it down to the outlet on the wall (which is sitting maybe 10 degrees pointing upwards off horizontal).

Thanks in advance!
Ste

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Get rid of the flexi and get am offset pan connector and reducer as you have already got or use the existing?

New toilet is a back to wall type so flexi makes it a lot easier. Plus the slight incline that is in the wall outlet makes it interesting! Also the new pan is further away from the wall than the old one.

Sponsored Links
If you think the 4" (110mm) is too tight and you can't get the connector fully home then 3 1/2" (90mm) may be better. If the 4" is in fully and tight enough though then it shouldn't have an issue in the future.

Common practice to branch off 4" LCC soil and vent with 3 1/2" to pan..

Awesome. Thanks all for the input. Ordered a 3.5 flexible from local merchant.

The tightness of the 4 inch was worrying me. So I pulled it and put the old adapted in the chain. Fit is much better. It was a real struggle to get the 4 inch off(!) so I know it was the right decision.

I have also discovered that you are not a real man/woman until you have been up to your elbow in a soil pipe pulling with all your might!

Will let you all know how I get on with the 3.5 inch when I get around to fitting the new pan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back