Tom Plum, the wonder plumber from Wigan.....

• Thread starter PrinceofDarkness
  • Start date
Well well, my thread seems to have attracted almost all of my favourite deviants: Pullerova, the skirt-wearing, make-pretend CEO from a deprived area of the lowlands - and Clinty, the odious little corporal also known as the tone-deaf piano tuner of Weymouth.

This is summat like being on the Screwfix Forum is this........

Lucia.

Sponsored Links
I'm not a plumber but have just sat for over an hour watching Toms videos.
The man is a genius!
He is to plumbing what Fred Dibnah was to steeplejacking/steam engine renovation/building history.
They both know the way to get across to the ordinary man how to do a job successfully using time honoured methods from way back but which still stand today, and they get it across with good humour rather than technical jargon that bores the pants off most people. The first video I saw hooked me. It was about 'slide couplings' and not paying 2 quid for one. What part got me interested?

"...slide the fitting up to the stop, then I give it a tw*t with me hammer and there you have it, a slide coupling."
The guy is straight to the point and shows how people are ripped off by fancy widgets when a standard fitting is all it takes. I've no doubt he knows all the rules/regs but he gets things across without laying down the law.
Pity there are not more 'Artisans' like him around these days. Long may he continue.

Lucia, thank you for thr thread. Very interesting and enlightening.

Well said, Conny! I wouldn't agree that our-kid, Tomp, is a 'genius' in the real sense - and I'm quite sure he wouldn't agree either. But he is a remarkable 'Dibnah-like' character - more than competent, highly experienced and most entertaining.

Lucia.

Well well, my thread seems to have attracted almost all of my favourite deviants: Pullerova, the skirt-wearing, make-pretend CEO from a deprived area of the lowlands - and Clinty, the odious little corporal also known as the tone-deaf piano tuner of Weymouth.

This is summat like being on the Screwfix Forum is this........

Lucia.

You are referring to pullerova without recourse, what thread are you urn abouts?

Any way, Hello everybodies, I am new to this forum.
be gentle wiv me.

Sponsored Links
Hey up Palaver. KNew I'd catch up wiv ya on anuvva forum. ;) ;) ;)

DP";p="1904012 said:
Tony are you suggesting you carry these instruments (pray tell make and model) in the back of you Vulva estate (sorry Volvo shooting brake)? .
He`s got a Skoda Fellatio :mrgreen:

The videos look a bit basic, and a bit rambling, but you can't help liking the bloke. The one I saw was how to deal with a multi meter. Classic.

1) Plastic pipes.
2) Plastic pipes in notched joists.

He is old enough to know better, he should have more pride.

Sponsored Links
Back