too big holes for the plug sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I ave tiled my kitchen wall and have made some of the holes for the sockets too big so there is a gap between the edge of the socket and the tille...stupid but its done and the tiles are up....any suggestion .... can I bung a load of grout in the space or silicone or are there some extra wide fronted sockets... its deeply depressing facing the gaps every time i boil a kettle thanks sarah

Sponsored Links
Look for backing plates. They are usually 20/25mm larger around. Sometimes called finger plates.

Depends on how big the holes are, a few mm and you can probably cover them with grout and caulking (can use silicone but no real need to). Any bigger and you will either have to buy bigger sockets or fashion a plate to go behind the socket.

If the sockets are chrome effect you can by sheets of metal in polished chrome or brushed effect in B&Q. Cut these out to make a nice panel to fit round the sockets.

ETA - Or as wingcoax syas buy them ready made (didn't know you could)

Sponsored Links
Those surround things look naff - just redo the sockets, no big deal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back