Too late to lay a lawn?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quickie, I am in Manchester (North England) and I am wondering is it too late to lay a new lawn?

Currently I have no lawn whatsoever having dug it all up.

I would like to let the ground "settle" over the winter

However the dog is walking mud into the house and apparently it is my fault.

Can anyone help me out on this

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can lay a lawn any time of year except when the ground is frozen or covered with snow.

So it look like you have a job for the weekend.

Andy

Yes, should be ok, as long as you keep the dog off until it gets established. Which will take a little longer now, with the colder weather. I would put a little extra seed on to allow for loss.

Oh right :D

If I don lay it till the end I October will tha still be ok?

I ask as I'm not the fastest worker in the world :oops:

And this constant rain is REALLY slowing me down

Sponsored Links
do you mean turf or seed? still ok for seed if its down this weekend. Turf can be layed anytime as herts says

Yes it can be time consuming, but the earlier the better. As the frost will be coming in, though we might get a nice mild Autumn.
You might consider a light cover in really cold weather, taking it off in the milder part of the day? Not practical if you have a big area.
Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back