too much pressure and flow from 3bar pump

Sponsored Links
3 bar for one shower head!! I hope you've got a big hot water cylinder!

yes i have got a (new) big cylinder and (new) larger tanks in the loft to accommodate the shower.

This is what I can't understand.....people say 3 bar shower....hope you've got a big tank! yet pressure and flow are to different things? :confused:

based on the advice here I think i'll look into a large, flow reducing shower head. if that doesn't work i'm going to get a smaller pump. 1.5bar. Wish i'd thought more about this. 1.5 bar would be more than adequate for a nice shower.

3 bar for one shower head!! I hope you've got a big hot water cylinder!

yes i have got a (new) big cylinder and (new) larger tanks in the loft to accommodate the shower.

This is what I can't understand.....people say 3 bar shower....hope you've got a big tank! yet pressure and flow are to different things? :confused:

Obviously, but ceteris paribus, higher upstream pressure = higher flow.

Sponsored Links
How did you get on?

I am currently deciding on what pump to purchase for a single shower for me and the wife. I have tried a few friends showers over the year and always found them to be lacking the pressure I would want.

Currently fitted a Triton AS2000 to see why a power shower unit is like and don't find it anywhere near powerful enough.

We only have a 140l immersion but don't take particularly long showers.

Has anyone found a 3 bar pump OK in this situation?

Given that this was almost 12 years ago and the OP hasn't been back since, I wouldn't hold out much hope of getting a response

How did you get on?

I am currently deciding on what pump to purchase for a single shower for me and the wife. I have tried a few friends showers over the year and always found them to be lacking the pressure I would want.

Currently fitted a Triton AS2000 to see why a power shower unit is like and don't find it anywhere near powerful enough.

We only have a 140l immersion but don't take particularly long showers.

The AS2000 should give up to 14LPM, is this not enough??.

If you have a full flow shower that allows the 3 bar pump to run at full chat, you will empty you HW cylinder and Cold Water Cistern (CWSC) in minutes.

With a 140L cylinder then I wouldn't go any higher than a 2bar, even a 1.5 bar pump will give you a great shower. Don't forget it's also about how good a shower body, hose and shower head is fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back