Took my motor to the car wash the other day.

T

thatbloke

After throwing 7 quid into it my car came out with horrible streaks all over it. I t was really bad.
I went into the garage and the lady told me there was nothing they could do, no refund, nothing. You need to ring head office, who dont like to communicate too well but that's a different story, a very long story by the way they are handling this..
Anyhow ,after being completely and utterly let down by the garage and their inability to deal with this kind of issue due to ''its not my job'' type attitude I took the car to the carwash up the road, its run by Polish people.

He sucked in through his teeth when he seen it, don't know if we can shift that. Can you try I said?
If we cant we wont charge you he replied.
10 mins later the car was spotless, it took three of them to shift it. They charged me 6 quid, wheels , tyres, glass all polished and gleaming.

Now that's good service right there, I'll be going to them in future.

Sponsored Links
And your point is ? ?
avoid car washes that create dirty streaks? :p that have bee nobbled by Polish opposition pouring engine oil on brushes of garage car wash, hoping to attract custom to their car wash business. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Just telling you about my experience with Total and their customer care or total lack off.
Funny how you all homed in on the Polish aspect of my story.

Just telling you about my experience with Total and their customer care or total lack off.
Funny how you all homed in on the Polish aspect of my story.

Because we just obliged you, that is after all what you wanted to happen. You got what you wanted, now be happy.

Not really , I wanted my money back and the cost of having my car hand washed returned to me, that is taking much longer to happen than one would expect.
I bet the Polish garage would have paid up pronto , in fact they did say they wouldn't charge me if they couldn't clean it.
I'd like to see Total make that kind of promise.

The Poles spent decades being kicked around by the Krauts and the Ruskies

More recently, they have proved themselves to be great hotel chambermaids, fruit pickers and office cleaners. You've discovered they are also good with a chamois.

Hooray, three cheers for the Polish! :rolleyes:

they have proved themselves to be great hotel chambermaids, fruit pickers and office cleaners. You've discovered they are also good with a chamois.

Quite right Poles have an excellent work ethic and put many Brits to shame. They are a very proud nation. Well done to them.

They showed their spirit in 1973 when they played England at Wembley in a World Cup qualifier that England had to win to go through at the expense of Poland. England hammered them, but failed to get the victory they needed due to the resilience of Poland. It ended 1-1 with a shell shocked Poland going through to the WC finals.

A great game to watch though.

The Poles spent decades being kicked around by the Krauts and the Ruskies

More recently, they have proved themselves to be great hotel chambermaids, fruit pickers and office cleaners. You've discovered they are also good with a chamois.

Yes , less than half a dozen Polish blokes were able to do what a huge multi national oil company couldn't do due to the jobsworth's working for it. They get my vote any time.
''Sit down ,put your feet up and have a coffee, your car will be ready in no time''. Thats the attitude, not ''sorry , there is nothing we can do, here is a phone number for you to call, office hours only though and no guarantee you will get any help at all''. Thats not the way to make friends and keep customers, its hardly surprising our industry's are going/gone down the toilet..

And your point is ? ?

That Polish car washers do a damn good job at washing cars unlike the national firm he went to who are a bunch of monkeys. The car washers a few miles from me are Polish and do a mighty fine job.

That Polish car washers do a damn good job at washing cars unlike the national firm he went to who are a bunch of monkeys. The car washers a few miles from me are Polish and do a mighty fine job.
..and you should know MWR with your fleet of supercars. ;)

just to check, are you suggesting:

All Polish workers are good and there are no bad ones
All British workers are bad and there are no good ones

:?:

Which is improbable and not supported by your evidence

Your evidence actually suggests

There is at least one Polish worker who was good on the day you visited him
There is at least one British worker who was bad on the day you visited her

Which is nothing to make a fuss about.

Either way, why are you wasting good electrons with this rubbish?

just to check, are you suggesting:

All Polish workers are good and there are no bad ones
All British workers are bad and there are no good ones

:?:

Which is improbable and not supported by your evidence

Your evidence actually suggests

There is at least one Polish worker who was good on the day you visited him
There is at least one British worker who was bad on the day you visited her

Which is nothing to make a fuss about.

Either way, why are you wasting good electrons with this rubbish?

TB seems to have an unhealthy fetish about Poles, probably made the whole thing up anyway. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back