Tool for the job

Izz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Almost completed installing a new toilet and cistern. Everything is ready to go except for tightening the large plastic nut under the cistern.

Do I just need to go out and get a big adjustable spanner or is there a cheapy tool you can get for the job. I don't want to have to buy an expensive tool that I'm only gonna use the once :(

Sponsored Links
I use a pair of pump grips you can buy them at any diy store (rothemberger) is the best but any will do.
Adjustabe spanner will not open wide enouth for this nut

Grips can be used for many things so spend a little and you will have them to hand
Dont be tight :LOL: :LOL:

Agree with gasandoilman . Buy a pair of "footprints" or water pump pliers Probably under a tenner remember you dont need to horse it up too tight

Ps you can always sell em on in ebay if your a tight wad.

Sponsored Links
Izz said:
Everything is ready to go except for tightening the large plastic nut under the cistern.
Expensive tool: sanigrips.
Cheaper tool: side-on adjustables wrench.

Knipex tools are top notch, but Rothenburger do the same tool for less, albeit without the plasticky bits on.

Seeing as you are being a complete mingebag, the cheapest tool available to you is located at the end of your arm, i.e. your hand. Try doing it hand tight, works for me. (not always, depends on how cheap the bog is).

corgiman said:
nope I didnt

it means to exact prose in the style of oscar wilde

:)

Oscar Wilde to you, thank you, I am very witty & popular but unlike Wilde I`m not an uphill gardener/ chutney ferret or a turd burglar. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back