tool kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what would be needed in a tool kit for heating service and repair( on job training) average cost of them if known please

Sponsored Links
Screwdrivers, pliers, spanners, mirror on a stick, allen keys, Torx keys, adjustable spanners, box spanners, socket set, gauges, multimeter, vacuum cleaner, flue brushes, wire brushes, scrapers, radiator keys, mole grips, blow lamp, heat mat, pipe cutters, pipe benders, drill, thermometers, junior hacksaw, hammer, mallet, paper towel roll, pipe plugs, push fit stop ends, knife, cutters, torch, work light, etc etc

Say £500 to start.

any need for the new spandangled diagnostic tools gas leak detectors and all the other gadgets on the market

Sponsored Links
angle grinder
Doyle - people build up tool kits over time

and end up with what they need

... which is what really, really hurts when their vans are burgled

yeah i know got most tools grinder some pliers no circlips though, got benders yolks torx and alen keys and other bits and bobs from my days of fix itmyslef and c&g mechanics course, was more concern of the latest technoligy tools and cost of them

Then why didn't you say, instead of asking such an open question? Do you think we're mind readers?

Tell you what, sort it yourself.............. :rolleyes:

10mm pipe slice - why dont they f'in do one ?

now now the info you gave was good and certainly specific enough to help, the concern for the technicla stuff was cause it wasnt mentioned.

thanks oil man your a star

bster

1) you're hijacking the post.

2) because the pipe is soft annealed and you'll damn near squash it before you cut it.

bster
can you not use them adjustable ones for the microbore pipes

Techno tools'll cost you another £500 (at least)

The adjustable ones are the ones you CAN use since you can be gentle with them.

sorry for hi-jack :oops:

(surly someone can sort a slicy pipe cutter for 10mm).

I'll stop posting on this thread now, so dont reply to this post on this thread.

sorry ;)

oilman
thats a fair price for a tool kit, would have expected higher price, reason for asking is in cse i need my own for training if it ever happens or for work experience on the job.
thanks
adactus housing as asked about own tools ect if they let me go to them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back