Toolstation kitchen.. Kitchen Kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone had any experience fitting these, what’s the build quality like. Looking to get some “cheap” kitchen units to use as storage in a garage, so don’t have to be top quality. Toolstation (kitchen kit) are best price but looking for feed back, think they also sell through Travis Perkins so can’t be that bad???

Sponsored Links
Tool station is part of the Travis Perkins group.

no idea about the kitchens

I helped someone replace a kitchen worktop, upstand, bottom plinth and other bits and pieces recently using all Toolstation stuff. Delivered by them too. I like Toolstation.

I'd look at Ikea prices. They have a number of features that keep them solid and square etc.

Sponsored Links
We got the cheapest wall units we could find at the time when we moved into our current house last century. They were from B & Q.
They are still very much on the wall and doing stirling service.
The only casualty was one of the handles snapped and it was probably abused beforehand, no big deal.
16773307229807119395590987593186.jpg

Benchmark are kitchen division of Travis not particularly cheap, Wickes used to do cheap self assembly kitchen units .
EBay seem to offer some of the cheapest kitchens if you want new though for a garage Facebook marketplace is a good source of second hand units.

Has anyone had any experience fitting these, what’s the build quality like. Looking to get some “cheap” kitchen units to use as storage in a garage, so don’t have to be top quality.
Get the cheapest you can find - freebies off Freecycle as suggested before. Maybe add a few extra carcass screws when you assemble them. But consider replacing the carcass backs and drawer bottoms with thicker material (e.g. 9 or 12mm ply or 11mm OSB).

In my last workshop I had a bunch of secondhand cabinets in the toolroom area which had all been donated rather than being skipped. Free, because uou get charged for disposal these days. The only things I did were to put in solid backs (18mm chipboard) and thicker drawer bottoms (9 or 12mm ply) to take the weight. Because mine were like liquorice allsorts I chucked the doors, but kept the honges and made up new 18mm MDF doors, mostly from "offcuts" (we processed a lot of MDF). I even reused the.discarded worktops

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back