Top and bottom entry radiators?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. My central heating flow and return pipes run up the surface of the living room wall into the bathroom upstairs. I'd like to add another radiator in the living room and thought I could lose most of the pipework by getting a vertical radiator with top and bottom entry valves. The ones I've looked at all seem to have their valves at the bottom so I'm wondering if they're even available? And if they are, is 2000mm x 500mm a regular size? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
thought I could lose most of the pipework by getting a vertical radiator
If the existing pipes mentioned form the heating circuit to the floor above then they have to stay and a couple of lateral stubs added to connect the vertical radiator.
Milano vertical radiators can be fitted t&b same side connections,or any baffle less vertical radiator will do :( sizes vary.

Thanks both for the suggestions. Old&Cold, there aren't any other pipes running to the floor above so I guess they must be. It's a shame because if I box them in it'll only encroach on the new radiator. Is there any other way of losing them? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi. My central heating flow and return pipes run up the surface of the living room wall into the bathroom upstairs. I'd like to add another radiator in the living room and thought I could lose most of the pipework by getting a vertical radiator with top and bottom entry valves. The ones I've looked at all seem to have their valves at the bottom so I'm wondering if they're even available? And if they are, is 2000mm x 500mm a regular size? Thanks.
My rads are quite old, over 20 years, and I haven't looked at modern ones closely to compare, but mine are symmetrical top and bottom. They have a 1/2"BSPF hole in each corner, so can be fitted with a BSP plug, a plug with bleed screw, or a tail for a valve. If you can source rads like that you have all the options. Most of mine have inlet and outlet at the bottom, but one has inlet at the bottom, outlet at the opposite corner. I wouldn't think you want in and out at the top, as the bottom won't get warm (unless some modern rads have internal baffles).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back