Top tips...

S

Sombrero

Anyone got kids complaining "it's too hot"....?

Get one of those freezer blocks, or freeze a bottle of water, wrap it up in a tea tower and let them take it to bed.... like a hot water bottle in reverse !

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Pop them up in the loft for an hour before bedtime (give them a rubics cube or summat). When you bring em down, they will feel naturally cool and sleep no problemo, I recon.

I usually go and sit in one of my cellers for half an hour, especially after a hard slog in the garden on a hot day. If its really hot like 40 in the sun and Ive been working hard I usually sit there in the nak on a bucket as sort of an anti sauna. I store my beer there too and enjoy a cold one.

Take them to a Mall, (shopping centre), where the termerature is always the same and go collect them at 8 p.m. Added advantage is you get them off your back so you can enjoy your day...

I have just been to the supermarket, I kind of lingered around the fridge area quite a bit :)

Back on topic - I fitted each big room in my house with a ceiling fan and I can tell you they are brill. Bit noisy, because the ceiling acts like a diaphragm, but well worth the cost.

Actually, I think they have missed a trick with these fans. There HAS to be a way of rubber or spring mounting them to lesson that problematic noise. Anyone here tried it?

(Still trying to be helpful here :cool: )

Sponsored Links
Back