Top ventilation for air gap in kitchen extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to convert the existing cold roof in the kitchen to a pitched warm roof.

Ceiling joists are already out and I'm moving on to putting in the roof insulation. Existing roof is 15 degree pitch with Sarking boards onto 150mm rafters.

I understand the requirement for a 50mm air gap between the insulation and the sarking boards and that this needs to be ventilated top and bottom.

Bottom is already ventilated via the facia/soffit however I need to vent at the top.

Question is quite simple .. I have been told that its possible to achieve the top ventilation by simply fitting circular soffit vents directly into the Sarking board at the top of the roof space thus allowing ventilation directly out to under the tiles and venting each space between joists individually. Does anyone know is this is allowed and if this has any associated problems?

I ask as this seems almost too simple / too cheap but the theory seems ok in my head as each section is vented and additional vents can be fitted below Velux widows etc to ensure all sections are breathing.
20180214_131048.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back