Torbec Flow Restrictor....

RDD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Currently having the misfortune to have to fix a leak coming from somewhere on my Torbec, I've taken the feed pipe off and much to my disappointment the flow restrictor worm fell out, trouble is I've no idea which way round it goes back in.

I've found two conflicting images, I think they're of slightly different units, mine is the one with the bag on the back, as per the bottom image, one shows the restrictor with the "pointy end" pointing upwards, the other the opposite way round, please help!

Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 13.11.00.png
torbeck-valve-components.jpeg

Many thanks :)

Sponsored Links
I doubt it matters much, normally those sort of gizmo's have a plain "handle" bit at one end to grip with pointed pliers when removing (unless it falls out! :LOL:) I would put the worm in holding the handle myself.

Thanks for the info, just FYI I've just taken a photo of the offending item.

So from what Footprints has said, and from the second diagram I posted, it looks like the pointed/handle end should point downwards (the opposite to the first diagram I posted, but that seems to have some sort of filter comb), but I did wonder if it'd make much difference....

IMG_0034.JPG

Sponsored Links
Just FYI for anyone viewing this in the future, [email protected] just bounced back my message.

I'm still not 100% sure on this and don't want to damage the unit, so I'm contacting the manufacturer (if I can) unless anyone who fits these daily knows for sure :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back