******* Torbeck Valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Changed the front end of a bottom entry Torbeck last Tuesday as it was overflowing. Phone call Saturday, cistern not filling now. Goes out and changes it. Phone call this morning, it's overflowing again, so I've got another trip to make. It's a CC toilet all neatly boxed in and tiled right up to the underside of the cistern so he ain't going to be happy when I tell him it will all have to come out so we can fit a decent valve. I hadn't swapped many prior to this and I don't think I'll be swapping any more, they'll just be replaced. Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Sponsored Links
They're so basic that you would expect nothing to go wrong with them, but a search on these forums will show others who have had a similar problems with them.

Got to agree- have come across a few rogue ones- won't fit one by choice now for that reason.

Sponsored Links
most used to come with a filter that many installers didnt use,hence the overflowing, get any piece of s*&T in them and thats it. not the best of valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back