Torino radiator valves - strange threaded union

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

just bought a set of torino rad valves

http://www.screwfix.com/p/torino-ch...ve-lockshield-15mm-2-pcs/43354?activeTab=qaTT

when fixing the union to the rad (I think its called that (the threaded part that detaches from the valve body initially))

it normally requires a hex spanner. These valves have 2 lugs at opposite sides and the hex spanner does not fit between them.

Is there a diff tool I need and is it common to have lugs in lieu of a hex?

Sponsored Links
Adjustable spanner
shopping

I'd try a radiator valve tail key.....usually hexagon with a square on one end, it should fit internally.
They don't look right but will probably turn those tails.
John :)

Sponsored Links
As I and @Madrab have said you need the right rad key. Both mine and his posts show the keys with the grooves in for the lugs. Yours obviously does not have these and many don't.

Jon

Mine has grooves but still a touch too big. Will get the grinder out and make the grooves deeper

Yup ... there you go .... eureka moment ... an important tool in the toolbox of a tradesman/engineer ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back