Tory Sleaze

The hypocrisy from Labour is stunning.
Fiona Onasanya - convicted
Claudia Webb - convicted
Jared O'Mara - charged 7 counts of fraud
Keith Vaz - Bought cocaine for his male prostitutes
Stephen Doughty - solicited drugs from a constituent.
Labour in Rotherham.
Who else thinks Labour Sleaze is at a different level?
Labour hypocrisy. Copied from elsewhere.
Labours Sleaze Record
1f940.png
1f940.png
1f940.png
1f940.png

May 1997 – Tony Blair becomes PM on the back of promise to clean up British politics.
Nov 1997 – Labour party forced to hand back a £1m donation from Formula One mogul Bernie Ecclestone after cash linked to decision to temporarily exempt Formula One from a tobacco advertising ban.
Dec 1998 – Peter Mandelson resigns after failing to declare home loan from Geoffrey Robinson.
Jan 2001 – Mandelson forced to resign, again, after misleading Downing Street about role in Hinduja passport row.
Feb 2002 – Labour accused of helping Indian tycoon Lakshmi Mittal buy Romania’s state steel industry in return for a £125,000 party donation
April 2002 -Tony Blair accused of using his trip to the Czech Republic to promote the sale of jet fighters made by Labour donor BAE Systems
Aug 2002 – Labour accused of handing a £32m contract to supply smallpox vaccine to PowderJect, a company headed by a Labour donor Paul Drayson, who donated £100,000 to the party.
Dec 2002 – Cheriegate property scandal envelops Downing Street. Press office forced to admit Mrs Blair had links to fraudster Peter Foster, then boyfriend of her lifestyle guru, Carole Caplin. Campbell’s advice to Blairs to distance themselves from her ignored.
May 2003 – BBC’s sexed-up dossier story breaks. Mr Campbell’s diary recorded his private fears about the report: “It was grim, it was grim for me, grim for TB and there is this huge stuff about trust.”
July 2003 – Dr David Kelly’s body found just days after he was named by the government as the BBC’s mole.
May 2004 – Labour accused of cronyism as Labour names dominate the 46 new working peers appointed to the House of Lords.
Oct 2005 – Leaked list indicates Tony Blair personally recommended rewarding a clutch of millionaire Labour Party donors with peerages in the “Cash-for-Honours” scandal, the biggest in the party’s history.
July 2006 – Lord Levy, Labour’s fundraising boss, arrested in “Cash-for-Honours” scandal after accusation peerages were being offered in return for financial support to parties. Both Levy and Blair are later exonerated.
June 2007 – Gordon Brown becomes PM promising an end to corruption following the cash for honours scandal.
25 Jan 2009 – Four Labour peers are accused of entering into negotiations, involving fees of up to £120,000, with Sunday Times reporters posing as lobbyists for a foreign firm. All of them strenuously deny the allegations.
15 since 97 thats almost but not quite one a year :rolleyes:

not even on a level close to what the torries are up to patel cummings and quitea few deserving to loose there jobs but nothing done :rolleyes:---- i think that far exceeds the perhaps 19 months between disgressions in your list for labour :D

Sponsored Links
totally and its time everyone accepts its both sides and stop trying to make one side look worse than the other

Yes, but the tories are in power now, and have been for over a decade. It is their corruption that is ruining this country for the next generation.
This is why they never fix the problems they inherit - they do give a flying flk, and are way more interested in how much money they can make for themselves.

The hypocrisy from Labour is stunning.
Fiona Onasanya - convicted
Claudia Webb - convicted
Jared O'Mara - charged 7 counts of fraud
Keith Vaz - Bought cocaine for his male prostitutes
Stephen Doughty - solicited drugs from a constituent.
Labour in Rotherham.
Who else thinks Labour Sleaze is at a different level?
Labour hypocrisy. Copied from elsewhere.
Labours Sleaze Record
1f940.png
1f940.png
1f940.png
1f940.png

May 1997 – Tony Blair becomes PM on the back of promise to clean up British politics.
Nov 1997 – Labour party forced to hand back a £1m donation from Formula One mogul Bernie Ecclestone after cash linked to decision to temporarily exempt Formula One from a tobacco advertising ban.
Dec 1998 – Peter Mandelson resigns after failing to declare home loan from Geoffrey Robinson.
Jan 2001 – Mandelson forced to resign, again, after misleading Downing Street about role in Hinduja passport row.
Feb 2002 – Labour accused of helping Indian tycoon Lakshmi Mittal buy Romania’s state steel industry in return for a £125,000 party donation
April 2002 -Tony Blair accused of using his trip to the Czech Republic to promote the sale of jet fighters made by Labour donor BAE Systems
Aug 2002 – Labour accused of handing a £32m contract to supply smallpox vaccine to PowderJect, a company headed by a Labour donor Paul Drayson, who donated £100,000 to the party.
Dec 2002 – Cheriegate property scandal envelops Downing Street. Press office forced to admit Mrs Blair had links to fraudster Peter Foster, then boyfriend of her lifestyle guru, Carole Caplin. Campbell’s advice to Blairs to distance themselves from her ignored.
May 2003 – BBC’s sexed-up dossier story breaks. Mr Campbell’s diary recorded his private fears about the report: “It was grim, it was grim for me, grim for TB and there is this huge stuff about trust.”
July 2003 – Dr David Kelly’s body found just days after he was named by the government as the BBC’s mole.
May 2004 – Labour accused of cronyism as Labour names dominate the 46 new working peers appointed to the House of Lords.
Oct 2005 – Leaked list indicates Tony Blair personally recommended rewarding a clutch of millionaire Labour Party donors with peerages in the “Cash-for-Honours” scandal, the biggest in the party’s history.
July 2006 – Lord Levy, Labour’s fundraising boss, arrested in “Cash-for-Honours” scandal after accusation peerages were being offered in return for financial support to parties. Both Levy and Blair are later exonerated.
June 2007 – Gordon Brown becomes PM promising an end to corruption following the cash for honours scandal.
25 Jan 2009 – Four Labour peers are accused of entering into negotiations, involving fees of up to £120,000, with Sunday Times reporters posing as lobbyists for a foreign firm. All of them strenuously deny the allegations.

Interesting list - how much does that add up to?

Does it add up to the billions given to Tory MPs or wasted on Test and Track?

Over to you.

Sponsored Links
Interesting list - how much does that add up to?

Does it add up to the billions given to Tory MPs or wasted on Test and Track?

Over to you.
does the tory money even come close to the billions and billions wasted on weapons and hundreds of thousands of lives due to weapons of mass destruction ?.

does the tory money even come close to the billions and billions wasted on weapons and hundreds of thousands of lives due to weapons of mass destruction ?.

Wait on are you talking about the Iraq War?

Torys 146 yes, 2 No

Labour 254 yes, 84 No

You really should look at facts.

Lives lost - somehow I find that disingenuous when the current Government is happy to sell weapons to despots like the Saudis waging war in Yemen.

So again how many billions?

Wait on are you talking about the Iraq War?

Torys 146 yes, 2 No

Labour 254 yes, 84 No

You really should look at facts.

Lives lost - somehow I find that disingenuous when the current Government is happy to sell weapons to despots like the Saudis waging war in Yemen.

So again how many billions?
you really should look at the facts on who lied to parliament before the vote , people voted on a pack of lies from the glorious leader tony blair
oh current government selling to saudis did labour not sell hundreds of millions in arms to them and also breach their own rules and then suspend a fraud enquiry into it . ...you really should look at the facts before bumping your gums

Yes, but the tories are in power now, and have been for over a decade. It is their corruption that is ruining this country for the next generation.
This is why they never fix the problems they inherit - they do give a flying flk, and are way more interested in how much money they can make for themselves.
Don't get me wrong, of course I'd prefer we keep the democratic nature of our country and its political system, however surely it's partly to blame for the lack of genuine consistent progress in many socioeconomic areas. One lot get in, they decide stuff, maybe some of it is implemented, the other lot get voted in x years later, change of plan. Rinse and repeat.

I'm not getting into the rights and wrongs of the project, however take HS2 as an example. It's ended up being a total farce, costs now 3x more than originally projected, arguing over what bits to build or not build, maybe it should just be scrapped etc etc. For a country that used to be a trailblazer in this area, we can't even get trains right!

you really should look at the facts on who lied to parliament before the vote , people voted on a pack of lies from the glorious leader tony blair
oh current government selling to saudis did labour not sell hundreds of millions in arms to them and also breach their own rules and then suspend a fraud enquiry into it . ...you really should look at the facts before bumping your gums

So Lies matter now? I take it Boris lies matter now as well?

Don't get me wrong, of course I'd prefer we keep the democratic nature of our country and its political system, however surely it's partly to blame for the lack of genuine consistent progress in many socioeconomic areas. One lot get in, they decide stuff, maybe some of it is implemented, the other lot get voted in x years later, change of plan. Rinse and repeat.

I'm not getting into the rights and wrongs of the project, however take HS2 as an example. It's ended up being a total farce, costs now 3x more than originally projected, arguing over what bits to build or not build, maybe it should just be scrapped etc etc. For a country that used to be a trailblazer in this area, we can't even get trains right!

The whole argument one lot gets in and then the other - we have been under Tory rule for twice as long as labour - roughly last century Torys have been in power for 2/3 of that time. The two party system and FPTP needs reform as the biggest beneficiary are the Torys - 42% of the vote gives them about 55% of the seats.

There's an old joke told in business circles around the world, I can't find it on any joke sites & as I'm crap with jokes please forgive me . . .

The Indian Minister is visiting the British Minister at his residence & asks him "how does a Gov'm'n't minister afford such a grand stately house as this"? & the minister replies "that motorway you travelled on from the airport, I awarded the contract to build that & the contractor bunged me 10% of the cost to my British Virgin Isles bank account".

A few years later the British Minister is visiting the Indian Minister & asks him "how does a Gov'm'n't minister afford such a grand palace as this"? & the minister replies "that bumpy trail you travelled from the airport, well my Gov'm'n't budgeted £10million to build a highway & I keep the bloody lot in a suitcase under my bed".

We point fingers & laff at the level of corruption in other countries. We taught them how to do it.

Exactly my point. It goes beyond being immoral (which means different things to different people). When people are using their position as an MP, voted for by the electorate, to get earn a load of money which they would never have been able to do if they were not voted as MP, or by sealing contracts for friends, or lobbying for businesses to get good deals, then that is corruption.

It is not snogging the secretary at the Christmas party, it is screwing the whole country over.

There's an old joke told in business circles around the world, I can't find it on any joke sites & as I'm crap with jokes please forgive me . . .

The Indian Minister is visiting the British Minister at his residence & asks him "how does a Gov'm'n't minister afford such a grand stately house as this"? & the minister replies "that motorway you travelled on from the airport, I awarded the contract to build that & the contractor bunged me 10% of the cost to my British Virgin Isles bank account".

A few years later the British Minister is visiting the Indian Minister & asks him "how does a Gov'm'n't minister afford such a grand palace as this"? & the minister replies "that bumpy trail you travelled from the airport, well my Gov'm'n't budgeted £10million to build a highway & I keep the bloody lot in a suitcase under my bed".

We point fingers & laff at the level of corruption in other countries. We taught them how to do it.
OT but this is why I'm getting so jaded with the whole lot of it.

Watching a climate change tv prog last night, was chatting to someone at the same time so didn't get the specifics. Prog was something to do with severe (clean) water shortage in whatever country. Although drought was one of the primary causes, so was lack of investment in the existing infrastructure. Something like 40% of the clean water they do have leaks away due to poorly maintained pipework etc.

There 'is' money to resolve this apparently, however much of it gets lost along the way due to ... you guessed it ... corruption.

I've said it in other posts, we (humankind) can't help ourselves. We'll be the masters of our downfall and tbh I reckon it's the best thing that could happen, certainly from the planets perspective.

Let's take the UK as an example. Let's also say over the next 12 months it was taken over (a coup if you like) by people that were 100% invested in doing the right thing for the country, not abusing their power, anti sleaze, corruption whatever you want to call it.

How long do you think the utopia would last until some of them started moving over to the dark side?

Like I say, we can't help ourselves. To varying degrees, all tarred with the same brush.

Some people treat "being an MP" as a part-time job, for pin money. Just £82,000 a year plus expenses and allowances, often including a second home, furnished at the taxpayer's expense.

PinMoney.png

Perhaps we should be grateful to sleazy Prime Minister Johnson for bringing another scandal to the public's attention.

Maybe ordinary jobs could be allowed.

Like at Tesco on Saturday and Sunday - or working in a pub.

Sponsored Links
Back