Toshiba T2150CDT - 2inch White Boarder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the same problem as keendoitmysel:
I have a 2inch white boarder accross the bottom of my screen!

The laptop works fine if i use an external monitor, however i need it on-the-move, so carrying a monitor with me everywhere would be considerably irritating.

I am running Windows 98 Second Edition.
The white screen comes on when the laptop is started, so that would imply that is is not windows (for once!). I have tried the BIOS, however no result.

keendoitmysel:
Did you manage to sort out the problem on your laptop?
If so, please could you give me an explanation.

Regards
PurpleWombat

Sponsored Links
This is an old machine, so you have to ask yourslef if it's worth repairing. Most of the screen faults we see are invertor related. I'm not familiar with your laptop, but the invertor is often just below the keyboard or top facia. Spares can be found here if you intend to diy. It could also be a stress damaged ribbon between the panel and the invertor.

Igorian:
Thanks for your reply, i'm sorry its taken me so long but i've been very busy. I had a look at all of the cables for the screen and they all seem ok. If it was the invertor wouldn't it effect the whole screen?

PurpleWombat

Sponsored Links
Yes, invertor faults tend to manifest themselves as dim screens. We use a company that repairs faulty LCD panels, but I would suggest that the cost will outweigh the laptop value. However, you could always try asking them for advice.

Back