'Totally unacceptable': MoD criticises troops after Corbyn picture used in target practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Poor old vinty appears to be of the opinion that if you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it!

And we're still awaiting your reply to:

"But hey, if you still believe you're in the right then you'll have no trouble posting a link to official legal documents that specifically mention an 'amnesty'"

Is there a problem in answering that?
Poor old vinty appears to be of the opinion that if you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it!

And we're still awaiting your reply to:

"But hey, if you still believe you're in the right then you'll have no trouble posting a link to official legal documents that specifically mention an 'amnesty'"

Is there a problem in answering that?
When has the British Government ever called a spade a spade.
This is the country which invented the word Euphemism.
This is why a letter of amnesty becomes what is described as a "letter of comfort".
I have given a practical example of these letters being used to avoid prosecution for murder.
Apart from a lot bumph from some government website what evidence have you that IRA terrorists were not given what was effectively an amnesty from Tony Blair.
How do you explain the fact that a man who was charged with mass murder walked free from the old Bailey because his lawyer produced a letter of "amensty" or what was euphemistically described as a letter of Comfort from Blair's government.
Why don't you post the reason why the judge in the Hyde park bomb trial had to release the suspected bomber.

When has the British Government ever called a spade a spade.
This is why a letter of amnesty becomes what is described as a "letter of comfort".
Apart from a lot bumph from some government website what evidence have you that IRA terrorists were not given what was effectively an amnesty from Tony Blair.
There you go again - making stuff up...
(we'll come to the 'evidence' bit later on)

As you obviously know by now, there is no 'amnesty'...
(your inability to post a link to this speaks volumes, and you now qualify your blunder as 'effectively an amnesty')

You spouted what you thought it meant, and hate it when pulled up yet again on your own shortcomings!
(it all depends on evidence and the timeline)

Why don't you post the reason why the judge in the Hyde park bomb trial had to release the suspected bomber.
OK...

Mr Downey was due to stand trial in 2014 over the Hyde Park attack, but the trial collapsed because he was wrongly told he was not wanted by police.

And

"The 1972 double murder investigation was re-opened by the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) four years ago, shortly after the Hyde Park bomb trial collapsed.
A judgement by Mr Justice Sweeney in the Hyde Park case revealed that police had uncovered evidence linking Mr Downey to the Enniskillen attack.
But in 1985, prosecutors decided not to seek his extradition from the Republic of Ireland, after evidence alleged to have linked him to the bombing went missing.
A fresh file on the killings was submitted to the Public Prosecution Service (PPS) in September 2014, and a decision was taken to charge Mr Downey."

But hey...

linky linky

"The suspect behind the Hyde Park bombing can be extradited to Northern Ireland to face charges over the murder of two soldiers in 1972, a judge has ruled.
John Downey, 67, whose trial for the IRA bombing in London collapsed five years ago, is wanted by prosecutors over the murder of two Ulster Defence Regiment (UDR) soldiers in Enniskillen.
In Dublin High Court on Friday, Ms Justice Aileen Donnelly rejected Downey's objection that "it would be oppressive to surrender him" from the Republic of Ireland."

Is that the 'amnesty' you were talking about that appears not to be recognised by Ireland as well? :LOL:

Oh, and...

"Downey, from Co Donegal, was detained in Ireland in October after a European arrest warrant was issued."

After Brexit he may well not have been subject to a EAW, and quitters would have probably handed him his 'amnesty' on a plate.
(or words to that effect :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
You do talk carp!

But then I guess it saves you from posting anything constructive :LOL:

"S hitty boozer". Remember posting this?

I just asked for your definition of a good boozer , which you completely dodged.

Like I said, you've shown yourself to be a spiteful ideologue, who revels in the division you claim to oppose.

And we're still waiting for you to define a good boozer......
Works both ways.

A good 'boozer'?
Someone that doesn't get p issed up in a wetherspoons (y)

A weak attempt :unsure:
Ideological objection then, as I initially posited (y)
It looks to me as though your questioned was answered, just not the answer you were expecting.
Just like notch, keeps repeating the same thing ad nauseum, until he gets the answer he wants.

Out of interest, how long ago, in what context, and in what thread did ellal mention 'a good boozer'?

Like I said, you've shown yourself to be a spiteful ideologue, who revels in the division you claim to oppose.
Aww bless...

Brigadier - another one to put into the 'I hate it when I've been sussed out and have nothing to say on the subject' club :LOL:

Just like notch, keeps repeating the same thing ad nauseum, until he gets the answer he wants
Just trying to get to the truth

When are you going to list all the different usernames you have posted under?

You must want to get it off your chest (y)

In order of best to worst there are four categories of boozer:

Gritty no-nonsense boozer - found in towns and cities one that doesn't serve food (except the odd cob, crisps, nuts scratchings etc) modest music in the background.

Family boozer - take the family to have a pint and a meal - country style pub.

Cheap boozer - popular meeting pub at the start of the night, everyone can hear each other speak.

Modern built boozer - built on estates frequented by the odd Sun reader in the corner filling out his betting slip, characterless.

Last edited:
It looks to me as though your questioned was answered, just not the answer you were expecting.
Just like notch, keeps repeating the same thing ad nauseum, until he gets the answer he wants.

Out of interest, how long ago, in what context, and in what thread did ellal mention 'a good boozer'?

Profits fall...What a shame! thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back