TOTP and Pams People

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The last episode of the TOTP was rather disappointing and my thought was not that the show was out of date so much as that it is now just too expensive to put on a live music show with world famous artists. Originally they would have paid to appear on the show!

The nearest current equivalent is Late with Jules Holland which is now shown in High Definition for those with the right equipment. Not the best known artists, but live music anyway. Probably why the BBC picked it for HD.

I enjoyed much more Pams People which followed. Its a pity that there are no shows with anything similar any more.

Only disappointment is that Ruth who used to be my favourite now looks like any one of our Golders Green clients.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Well it was a long time ago and I was more interested in seeing them than bothering about what they were called!

The lovely ( then ) Ruth Pearson is apparently now working for a council housing department ! How ordinary, but thats life! Probably my local Council !

The ex- wife of one of the TOTP DJs came to one of my parties a while ago and I met her again last month!

Tony

Sponsored Links
empip said:
:?: Must have been a weed drop on the silly-place recently .. :D :D
I gave that up with the ciggies :LOL:
don't you think this :eek: looks like Andrew Lloyd Webber ?
Les Dennis :cry:

Richardp said:
empip said:
:?: Must have been a weed drop on the silly-place recently .. :D :D
I gave that up with the ciggies :LOL:
don't you think this :eek: looks like Andrew Lloyd Webber ?
Les Dennis :cry:

Shot away I am afraid ... Tripped over the panel brush or Lightening strike was it?
:D :D :D :D :cry:

One can only assume that these dance troupes appeal was for the purpose of ogling in a sad old lech kind of way, because let's be honest, the artistic interpretation of the (to be fair generally rather awful) songs was naive and shoddily executed at best. And the choreography was simply awful. They had to prepare these pieces in a short time and God it showed. They always looked like the staff of a brothel having a collective fit to me.

on the contray, hot gossip spent hours reheasring and their timing was imaculate

Ah yes, and they also pushed Western tonal harmony to new previously unexplored heights with the seminal I Lost My Heart To A Starship Trooper, inspiring amongst others, Harrison Birtwistle and Peter Maxwell Davies.

Apart from their visual appeal, I thought their dancing was pretty good and I liked Starship Trooper and that other one, Supernature. I think you're just a grumpy old man Keyplayer. :D

On the contrary. I have an interest in and I hope an appreciation of the arts, particularly music and opera. I have also created some original compositions with and for the use by contemporary dancers. Although choreography is not my strongest area, I can state with confidence that Hot Gossip are not what most dancers aspire to and were nothing more than tacky popular culture. I admit that I also reached for the kleenex whilst watching them, however this was purely to wipe the tears of laughter from my face. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back