Touch lights keep switching themselves on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two Ikea bedside lights that are touch switch on (Ie touch the metal stand/shade anywhere to switch on). Bizarrely they keep switching themselves on in the day but not night. They share the same extension lead which also has a stereo (rarely used) and a cordless phone plugged into it. Any ideas as this is really annoying!

Sponsored Links
Is there difference in the way the phone is used / stored between night and day ? Is the phone on the cradle / charger at night and elsewhere during the day ?

My theory is the radio transmission from the cradle / charger to the portable is affecting the touch sensitive circuit in the lamps.

Some cordless phones do a routine check to ensure the portable is still in range and this would explain the lamps turning on when the phone is not in use.

The phone is in the cradle day and night and rarely used. I will try and plug it in across the room and see if it stops it. I have rung the phone a few times but it doesnt trigger the lights.

I have rung the phone a few times but it doesnt trigger the lights.

Sounds like one of my jobs !! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ed

Sponsored Links
What is the light sitting on? If I place mine on the PC or a metal surface it turns on by itself. If I put a few coasters underneath to increase the gap then it's fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back