Tough, strong filler???

Cheers guys, going to try a combination of the two! get a long screw into the lintel and patch the hole with morter.
Curtain pole will outlast the house at this rate!

Sponsored Links
Well, put it up last night, cut out the loose plaster and got two long screws into the lintel, which was only thin, so no strength parallel to the wall at all, but they were stuck in well, so very strong perpendicular to the wall, packed in around the screws with morter, which gave me the parallel strength, and skimmed over the top to neaten things up, seems set like a rock this morning, reckon I can swing on it, and thats quite a test let me tell you! :rolleyes:
Cheers for the advice, worked a treat! :D

If there is a next time...

Pack the masonary or plaster material in first.

Drill through the masonary or plaster material with a masonary bit.

Then drill through the metal or wood behind the masonary with a regular drill bit (or cobalt or titanium).

Then drive the screw in.

Post again if you want to know the differences between cobalt steel and titanium nitride coated drill bits.

Sponsored Links
Nestor,
Cheers, I did consider that, but problem started last time when the action of drilling shook loose the filled area.
However, I guess if the patch had been put in properly, it wouldn't have come out :confused:
It rock hard anyway, going nowhere, so I am a happy camper, as it's my housewarming this weekend and about 7 hungover people are going to be very pleased at 7am that I managed to get curtains up in that room :LOL:

have a couple of bevys for all the helpfull people on here :D :D :D ;)

and large shot for me :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back