towle radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to remove a towel radiator from the wall to paint. The valves are vertical. Has anybody got any tips for draining these valves without the water going everywhere?

Sponsored Links
put a towel on the floor, then turn valves off and remove radiator

Remember to put a basin or similar on the floor to catch the water out of the radiator ...

It's the putting a basin on the floor bit I want advice on. Surely if I open the valve the water will just run down the outside of the pipe because of in-line valves. I think I'm going to try putting a large piece of 'Blu-Tak' or similar around the pipe with a small tail dropping down to one side. Hopefully this will provide a point for the water to run from and I can place a bowl at the side of the pipe. I'll let you know how I get on.

Sponsored Links
If it were me I would drain down the system as I have been caught by a towel rail flooding everywhere a time or two before :eek:

just make sure that when you fill up you vent a rads etc well and there should be no prob

It turned out to be quite straight forward. If you are quick undoing the valve, you can move the pipe out of the way enough to get a bowl under the radiator. You get a little water on the floor, but not too much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back