Toyota Hiace power output

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There are two BHP outputs - 95 and 120. Does anyone know if there's a significant difference in power, insurance and fuel consumption? It would regularly have a payload of 800kg

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
As far as I recall commercial insurance is not very power sensitive, providing the standard vehicle is available in both power outputs I don't think it will make a lot of difference. I assume one is turbo'ed and the other not?

Peter

Thanks for your replies.

The following van is for sale http://vans.autotrader.co.uk/stock-item-id/at8ab0b11b31b3e0040131bece41ea0142/advert

It's the particular model I'm looking for which is not readily available.

One of the pictures jogged my memory that this van was sold at auction in Manchester in July. The auction description said one stamp in the service book. I queried this with the current seller and they provided copies of all of the service dates which are as follows:

9/3/09 @11765 miles,
25/6/09@22971 miles
14/11/09@33089 miles
4/3/10 @42285 miles
26/4/10@50796 miles
16/07/10 @61026
16/11/10 @70600

The first four services were done a couple of thousand miles late. The servicing garage has emailed a screenshot of the digital service record.

It was registered by a main agent in Cumbria as a demonstrator in September 2008 and sold on in January 2009. It was then serviced by a main dealer in Yorkshire up to 50k miles and then In 'n' Out for the last two. It was then sold by auction to the current seller, a van centre in Scotland.

I'm concerned that it's "been around" alot for a three year old van, the servicing being late and the contradictory service history from the auction house and current seller, as mentioned above.

In consideration of the afore-mentioned, would you buy this van?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Who carried out all the services? Was it a garage local to the area it belonged to or, one local to the place selling it now?

The first five services were carried out by a main dealer in Yorkshire and the last two in 2010 by In'n'Out (don't know where).

Just looking at it again, it's now been about 14kmiles since the last service.

Sorry, I didn't understand In'n'Out, we don't have them up here.
Do you think some of the service history is a bit dodgy?

Considering I'm in Ireland does anyone know of a reputable company to carry out an inspection? A recent Which? survey showed the main providers of such a service falling short.

i would contact the main dealer that serviced it, they should be able to confirm it for you up to the 50k mark but after that its a bit vague

Sponsored Links
Back