Toyota Previa front pad change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been asked to change front bake pads on a 2003 Toyota Previa. Does anyone know if it's a fairly straightforward job (i.e. similar to changing pads on most other cars) or is there anything weird I ought to be aware of?

Sponsored Links
I think all Toyota stuff is fairly traditional so I'm sure you'll be able to do this with your eyes shut :p but some, like the Amazon have anti rattle shims that are handed.
I think this one has the caliper with the removable bottom bolt,then it swings upwards to pull the pads out but I could be a mile off.....just like the early Fords, remember?
Post back with what you find?
John :)

Ta, will do. I found a youtube video clip for a 1991 Previa and it was exactly as you describe - bottom bolt off and swing the calliper body up. Only thing that looked a bit different were some spring "horseshoes" that pushed the pads away from the disc when the pedal was released. It's my sister's car, so I'll see what it's like when she comes to visit.

Sponsored Links
Yes, all pretty standard, it turned out. The pad backplate has TWO lugs on each end to locate it in the calliper - rather than the more usual one lug. It had been badly neglected and they were a real pig to remove - corroded on every face (and twice as many faces as an "ordinary" car)!

Anyway, all went relatively straightforward other than that.

Back