Track saw - worthy investment?

the festool TS55R plunge saw / guide rail is the kit to go for, it can do almost everything a table saw can do yet it takes up little room, and its easy to set up and use. another great kit is the makita sp6000k1 plunge saw/ guide rail kit. :) hope this helps ye

Sponsored Links
Well having done some research, bosch plunge saw with track can be had for £360, the makita and dewalt can be had for £300 all with very similar specs.
The cost of the replacement track is about £40 for the makita and dewalt and £80 for the bosch.
No brainer really - makita or dewalt. now where's that coin?

actually the dewalt saw plus track is £283 and the festool with track is £345.
Is the festool really worth £62 more???

Sponsored Links
Go for the Bosch, the rails are far better than the rest (Dewalt, Makita, Festool)

The bosch rail is probably easier joined.
Apart from that no better.
From my own experience with festo rails have never had any need to join them.

I have also has the Festool saw with rails.
Its not just the joining is easier (and fixes them together straight) The splinter guard strip cant peel off like mine used to on the Festool. Also the rails have 2 places to fix the clamps on the rails, with one of them close to the cutting strip so you can clamp them on to narrower timber.
Also the Bosch has more power, which i thought the festool was lacking in.

John..

I'm with the cheapskates! Bit of mfc with factory edging, screwed down to a spare strip of mdf, 2.4m long, one piece, accurate to 0.5mm with cordless circsaw. Happy days! :)

I'm not sure I understand What you mean Big-all, Are you saying that you can trim a bit off the bottom of a door without removing it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back