United Kingdom
It varies by area to area, so I'll start the ball rolling:

I'm an Electrican, therefore I'm a Sparky/Sparks/Spark

Sponsored Links
one of the builders i do work for
his nickname is Freddie
because he is a nightmare to work for :LOL: :LOL:
he sees the funny side of it as well

I worked with a Foreman Welder who everyone called Teflon and he did not seem to realise what it was saying about him.

If I had some important welding to do I would wait until he was out and then DIY.

As to Spark yes I have had that name for years. If there are loads of electricians then they tend to use your real name.

Gagi Welder to refer to a welder who did all sorts rather than coded to do one job only.

Chippy of course I think so as not to use wrong name. Too often you get I'm not a "Joiner" I'm a what ever but they consider them selves a step above.

Sponsored Links
I think it's pretty much the same everywhere

plumber, spark, bricky, chippy etc..

My mate labours for a construction company and he said there is a guy ncknamed sil, because he uses silicone on everything.

im a chippy,but have been called a hatchet man/axe murderer,wa***r/dic*he*d and everything else :LOL: :LOL:

I know a plumber "flood" because he flooded out a warehouse once.

Originally a plumber was a "plumb bob" but not used much except by the very old tradesman.

I called the bloke on site fitting the copper pipes for a new food prep area the other day plumber and he was most upset he insisted he is a pipefitter LoL

Us electricians still get the usual sparks sparky flashbang!!! LoL

Joiner = chip/chippy or wood butcher

Electrician = Spark/sparky or flash

Plumber = plumber or flood

Gas eng = sniffer or sir

Brick layer = bricky (or ought you wanna call it)

Plasterer = spread or muck chucker

Painter = tosher/turk or Oih!

Labourer = sweep/tea boy, goffa, fetch me carry me

Customer = different ball game now aint it :LOL:

My woodwork teacher called me woodwaster, not my fault the wooden plane blade didn't adjust easy

Plumber = spanner monkey

Painter= slosh and tosh,(as in "a painters job is easy just slosh it out the tin and tosh it on the wall" although that describes the job rather than the person so as previously mentioned a tosher would describe a painter.

I worked with a guy whose nickname was "Thrush" (he was an irritable c**t though.) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back