Trading Standards Approval. Is this a good idea?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have seen several vans around with TRADING STANDARDS APPROVED written on them. Has anybody got this approval and are there any pits to fall into when they come round to give you a going over.

Waste disposal is the biggest problem for me. I leave all waste at the householder's, (that's my story) and so I don't have a waste carriers licence. If I want approval, will I find I have to pay for this, and then have all the work of documenting every bit of material in my van, when and where it came from, and when and where it went?

Sponsored Links
A waste licence costs £135 for three years and you have to document everything fivefold. Better to leave it for the householder!

There have been several local Council schemes for "approved" trades.

If you badly feel you need to display this, then why not add it to your van?

Perhaps better to put an ARGI sticker though.

Or you could put "As seen on TV " i.e. Rogue traders!

Tony

We have enough red tape to deal with. I dont see any need to actively go looking for more.
Who needs a TSA sticker when theres so much work about!
I've got the name of a haulage company on the side of my van from 2 owners ago! The reason it will stay there is that I dont want too much work.
If the TS or anyone else for that matter wants to advertise on the side of my van they can pay for the paint job and buy my road tax. I'll be more than happy.
Waste disposal is no problem, so long as it is metal! Just weigh it in for scrap.

Sponsored Links
I am having a meeting with TS re their "buy with confidence scheme" At this moment it time I have no idea what this entails but I will keep you posted as I learn more.

Apparently TS decided to launch this intiative because people are always asking them to recommend people for work in their houses.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back