trailing arm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does any body know the best way on how to replace a rear trailing arm on a fiesta encore?

Sponsored Links
its a 97, and mot advisory note says slight play however i still want to replace them and brake pipes at same time whilst its off the gound it actualy says pin bush so i dont know if its simpler to put on new arm what do you think?thanks for your reply and my appoligies for not returning sooner very busy week!

You can get new arm with the bushes in them. Cheap as chips and a piece of cake to fit.

Sponsored Links
lets just be clear, are we talking about the front arm rear bush or the rear trailing arm front bush??

both common faults. first one cheap and easy. second one requires a special tool to remove and replace. ( you can do without but its a cow of a job)

dave

word for word on advisory sheet says,nearside rear trailing arm has slight play in a pin/bush! it also says the same for the offside,hope this helps thanks,jon.

you have to change the bush on its own. the bush is only about a tenner from a motor factors. however, its a pain of a job.

i would suggest:
1. get a quote from a garage (you need a special tool to draw the new bush in without damaging it) or
2. get a second oppinion as to how bad it really is.

edit: for info i would take about 50 quid + vat inc parts to do 1 side.

thanks for your reply,i will have to investigate this further before going in i guess i remember doing a void bush on a cortina that was tuff! thanks again one and all...

Sponsored Links
Back