Transexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if remote civilisations have this issue.....doubt it .
Tis a mental illness .
"On nearly every continent, and for all of recorded history, thriving cultures have recognized, revered, and integrated more than two genders. Terms such as transgender and gay are strictly new constructs that assume three things: that there are only two sexes (male/female), as many as two sexualities (gay/straight), and only two genders (man/woman).
Yet hundreds of distinct societies around the globe have their own long-established traditions for third, fourth, fifth, or more genders."

One such example:

"Sistergirls" + "brotherboys" (Aboriginal Australian)

In Australia, indigenous transgendered people are known as "sistergirls" and "brotherboys". As in some other native cultures, there is evidence that transgender and intersex people were much more accepted in their society before colonization. Now, there are more stigmas attached. But through an increasing number of support groups specifically aimed at sistergirls and brotherboys, who have their own unique psychological and medical needs, perhaps times will change again. http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2014/10/24/4114304.htm + http://www.advocate.com/politics/tr...t-australias-indigenous-trans-men-brotherboys

Sponsored Links
Is that another way of saying it's an uncomfortable truth?
It's another way of saying you have a vivid imagination.

What happened to your anecdote of your grand-daughter being entertained by drag queens at her infant school?

It's another way of saying you have a vivid imagination.

What happened to your anecdote of your grand-daughter being entertained by drag queens at her infant school?
Good question. Some seem to have a 'guardian angel' looking over them, I'm not afforded such luxury.
So no comment on stonewall.

Good question. Some seem to have 'guardian angel' looking over them, I'm not afforded such luxury.
So no comment on stonewall.
Shame it went missing, it was another example of your hyper-active imagination.
Often accompanied by a hypo-intellect.

Are you still beating your wife?

Sponsored Links
"On nearly every continent, and for all of recorded history, thriving cultures have recognized, revered, and integrated more than two genders. Terms such as transgender and gay are strictly new constructs that assume three things: that there are only two sexes (male/female), as many as two sexualities (gay/straight), and only two genders (man/woman).
Yet hundreds of distinct societies around the globe have their own long-established traditions for third, fourth, fifth, or more genders."

One such example:

"Sistergirls" + "brotherboys" (Aboriginal Australian)

In Australia, indigenous transgendered people are known as "sistergirls" and "brotherboys". As in some other native cultures, there is evidence that transgender and intersex people were much more accepted in their society before colonization. Now, there are more stigmas attached. But through an increasing number of support groups specifically aimed at sistergirls and brotherboys, who have their own unique psychological and medical needs, perhaps times will change again. http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2014/10/24/4114304.htm + http://www.advocate.com/politics/tr...t-australias-indigenous-trans-men-brotherboys
Just sounds even more perverted to me, yet doesn't change the fact its a mental thing

Just sounds even more perverted to me, yet doesn't change the fact its a mental thing
You're entitled to your opinion.
I'm just disproving your earlier claim, and by association refuting your claim about it being a mental thing.
I wonder if remote civilisations have this issue.....doubt it .
Tis a mental illness .

You're entitled to your opinion.
I'm just disproving your earlier claim, and by association refuting your claim about it being a mental thing.
Disproving ? I never tried to prove anything .... was a question followed by my own opinion . However I believe its all about upbringing , traumas from young age etc . And I also believe we shouldn't be so tolerant with it when it comes to children , mixed toilets etc . It's disgusting

Shame it went missing, it was another example of your hyper-active imagination.
Often accompanied by a hypo-intellect.

Are you still beating your wife?
I take your slurs with a pinch of salt. Whether the mod thinks it's appropriate we will see.
I've had the insufficient privileges ticket for much less.

Disproving ? I never tried to prove anything .... was a question followed by my own opinion . However I believe its all about upbringing , traumas from young age etc . And I also believe we shouldn't be so tolerant with it when it comes to children , mixed toilets etc . It's disgusting
You don't think genetics has a role to play?

I take your slurs with a pinch of salt. Whether the mod thinks it's appropriate we will see.
I've had the insufficient privileges ticket for much less.
Maybe the mod thought your anecdote had a whiff of imagination about it.
I dunno.

Biological gender. Born not ‘assigned’ male or female. Nature has already decided for us. It used to be a straightforward tick box question . M or F

You are talking about sex. Not gender. It is not "assigned" at birth. It is determined and recorded. In rare cases there may be a deformity or error. Otherwise it is a binary decision, Male or Female.

If a person later has the whim to call themselves a polyamorous giraffe, this does not change their biology.

I wonder if you honestly do not know what "sex" is. Perhaps you are misusing the term "gender" in ignorance.

I doubt it.

You are talking about sex. Not gender. It is not "assigned" at birth. It is determined and recorded. In rare cases there may be a deformity or error. Otherwise it is a binary decision, Male or Female.

If a person later has the whim to call themselves a polyamorous giraffe, this does not change their biology.

I wonder if you honestly do not know what "sex" is. Perhaps you are misusing the term "gender" in ignorance.

I doubt it.
I think the modern interpretation is 'sex is something you do: gender is who you are'.

1) biological sex: a person maybe born as a biological male or a biological female.
Some are intersex. Biology can go wrong and produce a mish mash, no different to extra limbs, missing limbs, etc. A more important question is should minority interest override majority interest as the elites prefer? A biological condition has been hijacked and used as a political tool.

Instead of mutilating healthy bodies they should be offered therapy for the mind . For those who disagree with me listen to those who have transitioned and are living to regret it.
I presume you are male. Do you really believe you can be therapied into a female? Biology faults can result in a mismatch between the mind and body. I once worked for a woman who had a lot of dumb male thinking in her head. She dressed non-feminine as well. Her ideas were notably from a mish mash of male and female brain I found hard to work with. In comparison, when dealing with the minds of regular genders, there is some predictability to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back