Transexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can retain the definition. Just as an animal could be an elephant, or a horse, or a mouse.
They're all four legged animals, and a "woman" could incorporate other definitions, such as "someone who chooses to be a woman" or "somone who has attained a "Gender Recognition Certificate", etc.

And we could call Biological Women "Real Women."

You wouldn't like that.

Sponsored Links
I think Roy is a troll.
He knows he is wrong but he just keeps banging on with his rubbish in order to get a response.
Yeah he’s the worst troll in here now. He’s in favour of unisex toilets ffs.

So what do we all think about 'pronouns' :ROFLMAO: . Haven't met any one yet that tells me what pronouns they go by and what I should say ...... I can say I wouldn't be taking part in it though

I think it's daft. I mean, I wouldn't want somebody calling me Miss, but I don't feel the need to write it on my social media bio.

Sponsored Links
So what do we all think about 'pronouns' :ROFLMAO: . Haven't met any one yet that tells me what pronouns they go by and what I should say ...... I can say I wouldn't be taking part in it though

Go along with it! We have to use them in our work signatures on our e-mails, so (for the internal responses...) I go with "it".

It's all just a game corporations play to make people think they're doing something for 'wellbeing' (not that wellbeing isn't important!)

Go along with it! We have to use them in our work signatures on our e-mails, so (for the internal responses...) I go with "it".

It's all just a game corporations play to make people think they're doing something for 'wellbeing' (not that wellbeing isn't important!)
It :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I like that lol

The near farcicalness around some this gender stuff was highlighted to me yesterday when watching a daytime tv prog where this was being discussed. I think the topic was when phoning for an ambulance, should it be standard practice for the call handler to ask for the persons preferred pronouns etc.

A real life story was told where a young girl, sorry a young they, phoned for an ambulance for one of her parents. She advised the call handler as follows

Hello, I need an ambulance for my dad, she's collapsed

It always used to work. I remember being in a cafe with a friend as a teenager. We were served be a person who was dressed like a woman, but had the physique of a man, as well as signs of facial hair. We decided to refer to the waitress as it. Nobody was offended by this.

The near farcicalness around some this gender stuff was highlighted to me yesterday when watching a daytime tv prog where this was being discussed. I think the topic was when phoning for an ambulance, should it be standard practice for the call handler to ask for the persons preferred pronouns etc.

A real life story was told where a young girl, sorry a young they, phoned for an ambulance for one of her parents. She advised the call handler as follows

Hello, I need an ambulance for my dad, she's collapsed
Poor kids. There must be kids out there today having to explain to friends how they lost a father to cervical cancer and a mother to testicular cancer. There's probably a campaign group out there somewhere called "Testicular Cancer is not just for Men!"

I just Googled this ... this was the first result: "About 90 to 95% of testicular cancers start in the cells that develop into sperm, which are known as germ cells. Anyone with a testicle can get testicular cancer. Transgender women, male-assigned non-binary people or intersex people can also get testicular cancer if they have a testicle."

So, that's men, men, men, and intersexuals, then?

There are calls from male transgenders (now female) to be invited to cervical screening tests. Some have said the NHS is not being inclusive by recognising a need for transgender men to have their cervix checked...

There are calls from male transgenders (now female) to be invited to cervical screening tests. Some have said the NHS is not being inclusive by recognising a need for transgender men to have their cervix checked...
Really? Are you sure you didn't read this in a fantasy publication such as the Daily Mail?

Really? Are you sure you didn't read this in a fantasy publication such as the Daily Mail?

Really really! It came from a house-bound patient my wife's surgery have on their books (she's a district nurse). Don't know the man/woman but that's what she's complained about to the trust.

I'm guessing there are two options here:
(a) the person actually has a cervix, regardless of how they identify their gender, therefore should be entitled to cervical screening
or
(b) they are very stupid. Remember that there are stupid straight people, stupid white people, stupid trans people, stupid black people...every group of people has its fair share of good/bad/average people; it's just that it only takes one bad trans/non-binary person for the mainstream media to brand every single one a freak. Exactly what has previously happened to many minority groups. It's an entertaining game to do a mental "search and replace" of the word "trans" with "Jewish" and see just how remarkably Nazi-esque your average Daily Mail article is.

No they don't have one -- their demand is to be made to feel more inclusive by going through a screening test. I don't know how representative it is of that 'community'.

Agree there are stupid people all over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back