transformers on joists?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm installing some low voltage downlighters in a loft, this may be a silly question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere... can I fit the transformers to joists to keep them away from the loft insulation? All the information I have just talks about how far away to keep the downlighters from insulation etc. I'm concerned the transformers may get too hot for the joists?

Sponsored Links
I assume you mean on top of the joists? I don't see how you'll be keeping them away from the insulation otherwise..

anyway.. stick a couple of nuts under the screws and you've then got an air gap under them..

do they come with mounting holes now?

Hi, yes I would put them on top of the joists, and yes the transformers I have do come with mounting holes so I think your suggestion sounds like a winner!

Thanks,

Andy.

Sponsored Links
i would mount on rubber and sleeve and rubber washer the screws to stop transformer hum

or alternativly a couple off thick silicone beads left to dry then more on top to secure the transformer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back