travelodge

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Nasty places.
Don't know why anyone would use them.

I've used them in several locations and not had cause to moan , cheap and basic but they've got all that is really needed, bed , shower, telly and a kettle . In fact I'm using one soon at £20.12 per night :D

it is a private company so only people supplying or using there services will be effected directly and the employees and any shareholders of course
iPhone.gif
And not forgetting the landlords - the ones who are expected to be sympathetic to the plight of Travelodge.
They grew the business on a mountain of debt and now expect others to bail them out.

You don't need to like them for the money they charge.

I paid £22.50 for a room for 5 people, including unlimited breakfast in the morning. What's not to like?

In fact, the breakfast cost more than the room!!

I've never paid more than £30 a night for 5 people. Can't complain!

You don't need to like them for the money they charge.

I paid £22.50 for a room for 5 people, including unlimited breakfast in the morning. What's not to like?

In fact, the breakfast cost more than the room!!

I've never paid more than £30 a night for 5 people. Can't complain!

last time I was in a Travelodge was 11pm one night in Plymouth and I happended to see the breakfasts advertised and they were a breakfast in a bag - are these the same breakfasts???!!!

what a dump. The irony was that the reception guy actually phond a local hotel on my behalf to try get me a room there :D

granted, travelodge are cheap though. depends what you want from a nights stay I guess...

From recent experience Premier Inn every time!
No frills as such but if staff at The Lock Keeper in Chesterfield, Tapton Lock are anything to go by then you can't go wrong.
They were superb and always made sure the customer/client was always satisfied.
Will highly recommend this particular hotel.
Have never heard a good word about Travel Lodge.

- are these the same breakfasts???!!!

No. The breakfast was in the cafe: a choice of everything from cereals to fresh and stewed fruit, muffins, croissants, yogurts, and sausages, bacon, eggs fried and scrambled, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans, toast & preserves, coffee tea and fruit juices.

And all you can eat!

Not all Travelodges have cafes, though. Having stayed in many around the country, the smaller ones don't have cafes, some others have an adjacent pub that does food and a select few have their own cafe.Those that don't have either a cafe or an adjacent pub offer a breakfast bag, which I agree are not good value at all when compared with the all you can eat.

We like them because they are cheap and we need cheap when there's 5 of us!! Also, with them being 12 and under, we need one room - and Travelodge fits the bill nicely - even better when the rooms are £15/night or under.

And for that money we are prepared for a few sacrifices - the staff often are careless making up the room, but we just run to reception and ask for extra bedding or whatever it is we need, no worries.

Providing you get the rooms cheap, you can't beat them.

They're not 100% perfect, but I can tell you about a very prestigeous hotel in Ludlow I stayed in on my honeymoon...

We paid an arm and a leg for the suite with a huge spa bath and four-poster. At 1 in the morning we were getting ready for bed, spent a while in the spa bath, back into the bedroom to find a massive army of woodlice marching across the bed!

We did get a replacement room but no four poster and no spa bath and no refund.

So, just because you pay top dollar does not guarantee anything.

Sponsored Links
Back