trianco boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My FIL has a 30 yr old Trianco boiler Redfyre TRO,basically it runs for 5-6 mins then cuts out, any ideas apart from buying a new boiler would be great
thanks

Sponsored Links
Trianco have fitted many diffrent burners over the years, but i suspect yours will be an E.O.G.B. inter burner, i suspect that the Solenoid Coil is faulty, (going open circuit when hot) BUT! check the fuel supply to the burner is not resticted by closed valves or blocked filters first. ;)

last one i serviced had the old selectos sill going strong.usual suspect solenoid.

Sponsored Links
I agree, solenoid coil is the likely cause. Though with a boiler that age, FIL should be saving up for a replacement (even though it may last several years yet).

hello,
thanks all for the replies, my fil cant seem to find a model number, is there somewhere inside it that wll tell him?also where do we get spare parts for such an old boiler?
thanks
again

Inside the boiler you will see the burner, black or orange I expect. On one side is the motor, on the other is the oil pump, made by Danfoss. The pump has a model name on it, MSLA if it's an old pump, BFP if it's newer. Just look for a coil to suit, though it would be wise to check the coil resistance immetiately the boiler locks out. Expect to pay up to £40 for a coil.

Hello,
My fil has basically bought a new solenoid, filter, light sensor thing!! and a new control box, the original was a danfoss bh011.1 with a replacement being a bh072.10, the wiring is a little differant, on the old box the photo cell is connected to term 2 i think what terminal s on the new box do i connect the photo cell to???also when the control box is removed and the wires bridged it runs ok but cuts out after 5 secounds of firing up
thanks
shaun

See my reply on your other post.

How did you get the BHO72 to fit on the BHO11 base?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back