Trianco Eurostar 65 not flaming

Sponsored Links
Ign unit input ~ 2.5MΩ, output ~ 2.5kΩ.
????

not sure what that means

I thought the input would be 240V AC - as thats the out put from the control unit and then some xKV output

What training was it you had?

the Ω is the rubbish generated by this bbs when typing the "ohms" symbol. The rest should have been blindingly obvious as 2.5M (ohms) and 2.4k (ohms) respectively. Measurements most could make. How many people would have a probe capable of multi-kilovolts?

thanks oilman - it was not obvouis to me you where suggested I could test the input / output values I just did not know what

AC Symbol followed by 2.5M&#937 would have meant ....

Thanks for the info

Sponsored Links
My Brother on further investigation found the heat exchanger was leaking and is now researching a new boiler or a combi bolier .....

brother just purchased an outside oil boiler Grant Pro vortex boiler to put outside.
Also buying an RF unit as advised this is the best one to fit .
Any advice on the RF unit and also wiring appears to use standard cable from isolator - any advice on heat resistant cable
The old boiler had no earth bonding - shoud the boiler be earth bonded - if so advice on earth bond cable size .

You'll need to notify building control for the installation of the new boiler, or get an Oftec reg installer who can notify them. The burner will need to be commissioned by a competent person for your warranty.
RF unit for what? Personally I prefer hard wired controls.
Very rarely see heat resistant cable on the boilers I go to, the insulation around the water jacket should protect the cabling from any excess heat.
The oil supply pipe should be bonded, but your installer should be able to do that for you.

Not sure where you're going with this oilman - maybe I should've phrased it "many of the boilers I go to have cable supplying mains that is not heat resistant (i.e. ordinary 2.5mm or 1.5mm flat or has heat resistant sleeve). However the rounded flexible cable is difficult to identify either way. My personal preference is to install with heat resistant cable. But as many of my customers boilers have been installed 10 - 30 years without any ill effects when connected to via non heat resistant cable I'm not convinced it's a requirement. " :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back