Trianco Eurostar Combi 90 oil boiler Failing to lockout-Help

Hi Tibbot,
Thanks.
I gave the flue a good sniffing yesterday while the boiler was switched on but couldnt smell any oil- I thought this was odd given that the fan was giving a good draught and there was no burning.
Linda

Sponsored Links
It would seem that the control box hasn't allowed any oil to be pumped then, as I guess you would have smelt it.....the only sure way is to remove the burner from the boiler though.
When the motor spins, it turns the fan and the pump - but the pump has a valve on it that is operated electrically so no oil is passed until its activated. This is why the burner starts for about 8 sec before actually igniting - this is to purge the flue with fresh air to give a reliable start.
John :)

Hi John
Thank you for telling me this. I did not know about the oil shut-off as I thought the pump started pumping as soon as the motor was running and turning it through the felxible coupling.
I have booked the engineer to sort it out for tomorrow.
best wishes
Linda

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back