Trianco oil boiler problems.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'm after suggestions. I have 2 problems. 1 My combo boiler takes about 10 mins to heat my water to a temp to shower in?? 2 it constantly is locking out!? The boiler is about 3 years old is serviced regularly ? The plumber who serviced it said he couldn't work out why it was takin so long to heat ?? The boiler was fitted while I had tenants in so I'm not sure if it has been like this since new?? Any help welcomed. Cheers andy???

Sponsored Links
Is it locking out on the burner or on the boiler's overheat 'stat?

Does it work ok on CH to confirm pump is ok?

Can I use more question marks than you??????????????????????

:LOL:

It needs a series of system checks to track down a lock-out problem. Not easy to find the problem via this forum (shooting in the dark)!
If your burner is heating the water (I assume) then maybe the flow switch (sometimes black or red on mains cold feed ) isn't passing power onto the water pump to then push hot water through flat plate heat exchanger?
Use multimeter to test the electrical continuity.

Hi thanks for responses. Not too sure where it locks out? I have to press a orange light/button on the front of the boiler to reset ?? The central heating works. The hot water works?? It takes about ten minutes though. It's not ice cold and then all of a sudden works it just slowly warms over the ten minute period enough to shower in ?? Cheers

Sponsored Links
Is the Thermal Store thermostat set to 80'c? if not adjust it, Oil combi's rely on having a thoroughly heated store of primary water for a hot water demand, other causes could be air in the hydronic pipe work around the plate heat exchanger - but as others have already said, there are many possibilities and all we can do on here is take a stab in the dark, get a decent oil boiler service engineer in (not a plumber!) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back