Trianco oil burner will not fire up and goes to lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Trianco (TRO 28/32) oil burner will not fire up and goes to lockout.

Symptoms:

When switched on the fan starts and the igniters then spark. Whilst oil can then be seen coming out of the nozzle it does so as a very fine stream, rather than (as I assume it should be?) a fine mist. As a consequence it does not pass close to the igniters and so does not fire up causing a lockout.

What I have tried so far:

I have replaced the nozzle and also removed the solenoid (Suntec IP 52). This gives a reading of 1.8 K Ohms and when connected to the mains gives a slight buzzing sound when pressed to the ear. I am assuming it is working?

Other possible reasons for the fault:

If the oil is not coming out as a mist suitable for combustion, then is it possible that the pump is not providing the correct pressure, or the valve the solenoid operates is not opening fully? I am inclined to believe the control box is OK as it seems to be giving the right signals at the right times?

I am certainly no expert, I do not know what the oil emerging from the nozzle should look like (mist or stream?).

Any advice gratefully received.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your prompt response. I've been giving some thought to getting a new boiler given the age of the Trianco unit and I guess this is the prompt I needed.

You can't do any fault finding on an oil boiler's burner without a pressure gauge. I'd recommend you use one or get help before buying a new boiler.
The TRO's are worth keeping unless the water jacket rots.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back