Tribune HE Direct/ Electric Heating Care

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of a dilemma! Please Help!

Ive got a Range Tribune HE Direct 180L unvented cylinder (what a mouthful) which has a 'slight' leak (I hope)... Im trying to find somewhere that will provide some kind of 'homecare' insurance but am not having any joy whatsoever as the apartment I live in is all electrics... and no gas.

The boiler/ cylinder itself is just under 4 years old and foolishly hasnt been serviced (lesson learnt)

Ive had an engineer look at it and he's changed a pipe at the top of the cylinder as it was wet at a connection point with limescale all around it and was believed to be a 'possible' cause of the leak. Its been a couple of days now and this pipe has stayed dry but the leak is still occurring. The engineer did say to monitor it for about two weeks and if the leak doesnt stop then its going to have to be a new cylinder which I've been told will cost about £700!!!!!

I'm really hoping this wont be the case and it will stop leaking soon... Fingers crossed! However, back to my question... Has anybody else experienced anything like this? or does anyone know who might provide some kind of insurance cover as I really cant afford to buy a new cylinder....

Many Thanks...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back