Triple Accessory Backbox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

Do these exist for plasterboard/dry lining? As in put 3 singles side-by-side.

I know dual accessory ones exist.

Ta

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I'm sure someone made a range of drylining boxes where you could replace the plasterboard grips with a coupling peice but I can't seem to find a link at the moment.

What are the accessories? Is there any possibility to use grids and make up what you want that way?

Sponsored Links
Good find, but I wonder how stable that arrangement would be given that only two plasterboard holding clips will be available, one at either end.
Agreed - but, assuming they hold the boxes together fairly rigidly, that same issue would apply to any solution which satisfied the OP's stated requirement, wouldn't it? I did wonder whether tightening the screws might cause the ends of those connectors to grip onto the plasterboard at top and bottom, but I don't think it does.

Kind Regards, John

The problem I have found with those dual box arrangements is tha they are just fine if you are using standard white accessories.
The problem arrises with many of the decor finishes (chrome, satin, etc)
These are often wider than the white ones and they do not fit side by side.

The problem I have found with those dual box arrangements is tha they are just fine if you are using standard white accessories.
The problem arrises with many of the decor finishes (chrome, satin, etc)
These are often wider than the white ones and they do not fit side by side.

And timer switches also present a bit of a challenge!!

Nobody likes a smarty-pants.

Good find, but I wonder how stable that arrangement would be given that only two plasterboard holding clips will be available, one at either end.

When fitting a new drylining box once, I fitted it to check for depth, then realised it was such a nice tight fit, I couldn't get it out again.

If you made the arrangement a tight fit and it was held in at either end, that would be sufficient.

You really wouldn't want to put a socket in the middle, pulling the plug out would put an unreasonable amount of force on the setup.

I suppose if there was enough room behind, you could firstly just fix the required strip of (single) boxes to a batten or thick ply cut to the full length of the strip of boxes to keep them rigid, then push them into your aperture, and just rely on the two end tabs.

In addition to my earlier suggestion of attaching say three single boxes to a suitable strip of timber to create a rigid setup before fitting into the aperture, if the middle accessory is something like, say a TV aerial socket, there's nothing to stop you turning it 90 degrees so that the fixing tabs go up and down, giving the middle box an adequate fix.

I say aerial socket because there's no particular way up, unlike many other accessories.

In addition to my earlier suggestion of attaching say three single boxes to a suitable strip of timber to create a rigid setup before fitting into the aperture, if the middle accessory is something like, say a TV aerial socket, there's nothing to stop you turning it 90 degrees so that the fixing tabs go up and down, giving the middle box an adequate fix. I say aerial socket because there's no particular way up, unlike many other accessories.
True - and if one wasn't concerned about the unusual appearance, one could theoretically do that will all the accessories (provided they were singles). However, I'm not sure how one would join the boxes together - connectors like I linked to would probably not work with that box orientation - at least, not without some modification/butchery of the boxes.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back