Triple and earth for two way lights, does it mater which colour?

I have never seen anything sold as 'extra low voltage'.
Exactly - and nor have I.

Perhaps more relevant (and were this not the case, I would have definite concerns), I don't think I've seen anything sold (to the general public) described as 'low voltage' which is operates at 230V (or whatever).

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
It seems USA calls 12v and 24v low voltage....
As do the vast majority of people in the UK - indeed, probably the vast majority of English-speaking people anywhere in the world.

... and, don't forget that, even as far as the IEC is concerned, 12V and 24V (as well as 230V) are LV!

Kind Regards, John

Light bulb great no problems with that, however Low voltage, Reduced Low Voltage, and Extra Low Voltage are defined, we should always check the voltage, a 12 volt light bulb does not last long with a 24 volt supply, same with 120 volt bulb with a 230 volt supply, and even a 230 volt Son bulb in a 230 volt ES standard lamp will blow the fuse with a large bang as my wife found out when she "borrowed" a bulb from my garage.

However from the local shops light bulbs tend to be 12 volt or 230 volt and a G5.3 will not fit GU10 so in the main people can't get it wrong unless they buy off the internet.

I looked at a random UK advert for a light bulb that fitting in the UK I have used 12, 24, 48, 110, 230 volt, yet there seems to be nothing on the advert to tell you the voltage, we all assume 230 volt, but nothing to say voltage or low voltage or extra low voltage.

I not with Emerson Screw it does not state if 27 mm or 28 mm, in UK we assume 27 mm but since the advert can be read all over the world, it really should say.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back