Triton Mixer Shower - No water flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, I've tried to find a similar post but couldn't find an answer anywhere so apologies if this is a repeated/common post but I do need some help.

I have a Triton Mixer Shower upstairs (not 100% sure on model but looks similar diagram to Triton Antares) that I cannot get to work. It has always worked spot on for us but around a couple of months ago I noticed a delay in turning the shower on and the pump kicking in and it got progressively worse to the point that I couldn't get any powerful flow (just dribbles). I've replaced the pump for a new one and found that the problem still exists (Waste of £200!). I've been able to get the shower to work by rotating the temperature valve until the pump kicks in however even this little trick doesn't work anymore, I now cannot get any flow from the pump no matter how long I leave it or play around with the temperature...

Me and my dad had a look and we believe it could be the thermostatic cartridge blocking the cold water therefore not sensing good flow to activate the pump (hence constantly having to adjust temperature valve to get pump to work). This is the one I am looking at...https://www.showerspares.com/search/triton_thermostatic_cartridge_83307340/
As this part is quite costly I just wanted to get some second opinions before I rush and buy one and waste more money like the new pump, thank you so much for any help guys :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back